You are currently browsing the daily archive for July 17, 2007.
The good thing about insomnia is that it gives me lots of time to think. The bad thing about insomnia is that I end up thinking too much and it takes longer to get to sleep. Last night was one of those nights.
Last night’s main stream of thoughts revolved around the topic that living here (our house/Saipan) is like being at camp. But then again, I am not 100% sure since I never went to camp except for the one weekend Girl Scout camp event when I was in 5th grade. But it is like what I have heard camp is like.
- We spend 80% of our time outside.
- We enjoy cooking outside on the grill or in the outdoor kitchen.
- We take cold showers (too lazy to plug in the water heater).
- I try to have arts & crafts time every day.
- Every morning we wander around the property looking at the new growth of the plants & trees.
- We have a hammock.
- We call home once a week.
- I can hear the Ocean at night.
- We watch a movie every night.
- We don’t have any f-ing cable.
- We don’t have a dryer, so we hang everything to dry.
- We can walk to the beach.
- We have a little fire pit and had our first bonfire 2 weeks ago.
- We sing and dance a lot.
- We eat dinner outside every night.
- When DH brings home the mail, it is hands down, one of the highlights of my day.
Now, granted, we live in a very nice house so we really aren’t roughing it like at camp…but the similarities are striking.