You are currently browsing the daily archive for June 11, 2008.
So, I forgot to mention that I finished Harry Potter book 7.
Dudes, that was pretty anti-climactic. Could it have ended any other way? Well, I know that it could have, but this was what we all were pretty much thinking, right? Don’t get me wrong, I love the way that Snape’s true self was finally shown for who he was. Genius, J.K. Rowling, genius. I would have never guessed that in a million years.
But to be perfectly honest…book 6 was way more shocking to me than book 7. Book 6 about broke my little pea pickin heart.
This week has been/is a crazy one and we are only on hump day. Oh yeah, our gas prices went up again…Mobil is $4.80 a gallon for regular. I wonder if we will see $5 a gallon gas before we leave island?
Want to hear about the crazy week?
- DH went riding with the bicycling group again that morning. I think that he is going to miss them when we leave. Then he came home and we putzed around the house, cleaning and cooking.
- As usual, our power went out at 4 pm…and we were expecting dinner guests at 5. We had Deece and her family over for homemade pizza and dessert. It was a fun time once the power came back on and I could get the pizzas in the oven. The kids played together fantastically, much to my amazement. (And I don’t mean that as a slam to Deece’s precious babies. It is our son. He has a problem. He has never been around other kids that much and sometimes doesn’t really know how to act around them. He goes from pushing them away if they get within 3 feet of him to completely ignoring them. I have read that independent side by side play is normal at this age, so let’s just hope that it is okay and when we get to Juneau, I am going to do some serious play group searching to get him more socialized.) Can you believe that two bloggers were together and neither of us took a single picture?!?! I am kind of bummed myself.
- Schlep the dog and two cats to the Vet’s office for their Health Certificates so they can fly to Chicago. This was no easy task. I had to trap Bella in our room all day (with aircon on) so that she wouldn’t go on an adventure and disappear for a couple of days. Then I had to load Bella and Killer into their kennels, hook Lady up to her leash (at which time she realizes that she is going for a car ride and completely loses her mind with excitement) and load them all into the car. Plus, the kid. I seriously felt like a traveling circus in our little Honda Civic. You know, where you have a dinky car with about 50 clowns inside of it that all come spilling out when the car stops? We picked DH up at work so that he could help me at the Vet’s office. Did I mention that Bella howls from the moment she gets put in the car until she is taken out? I was ready to give her away by the time we got there.
- Ahh, relax day.
Wednesday (today) -
- Take Conn to get his next set of shots this afternoon. That way we don’t forget while we are traveling and have it fall through the cracks. He is also teething and getting his first molars. Fun times around here. He has been waking up at night again, 2 or 3 times a night.
- Load up the circus, er, I mean animals again to go to the USDA Vet to have him sign off on the Health Certificates. All of this is an incredible hassle, not to mention crazy expensive. To get everyone up to date on their immunizations and get the health certificates and the USDA Vet’s signature it is costing $594.50, not including their airfare. And that is just for one dog and two cats. I won’t tell you right now how much their airfare is, I can’t hardly stand to think about it. At this rate, I will never get my bag.
- Our Coast Guard going away party. Lots of cooking to do in preparation for this.
- My next pregnancy check up later that afternoon.
- Get ready for Saturday
- Garage Sale! We are having a huge leaving island sale (I will post more info tomorrow about it with directions and an idea of what we are getting rid of) with prices that are crazy cheap. We just want to get rid of stuff and not have to ship it.
- Meet Deece and hopefully Jill at Coffee Care for our saturday knitting group. If anyone else wants to come, we are there from 2-4 pm.
- DH will probably go riding again with the group.
- I plan on trying to rest and recoup.
- Get animals ready for their big trip. We have to have them at the airport at 5 am on Monday morning to fly to Chicago.
Is it July 3 yet?
I would put up some fun pictures, but after listing all of that, I think that I need to go lay down for a bit.