You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘life’ tag.
You would see what is going on…so much and yet, so little.
- A mountain of laundry waiting for me to wash
- My fingernails in desperate need of polishing…OPI’s “Lincoln Park After Dark” is my color of the season, husband calls it black
- Wooden floors that need to be swept at least every other day – especially with two cats, a dog and two kids
- Plants that need to be watered, and plants that need to be potted because they have roots
- Books scattered around the house in various stages of being read – bedside table: Bhagavad-Gita As It Is and Geisha, comfy chair in living room: Knit One, Kill Two and Time Traveler’s Wife, kitchen: various recipe books
- Quilt squares in differing stages of completion for a swap on Ravelry
- Knitted socks on double pointed needles
- A multitude of Disney’s Cars toys…all bribes on the potty learning front
- A bottle of homeopathic teething tabs for the cranky 9 month old
- A bottle of pinot noir for the equally cranky Mama
- My new Moo cards that came in the mail today
- Lists: Grocery, to-do, remember to tell so & so on the phone…all little bits of paper that help me keep it together
- A tv that seldom gets turned on anymore
- Library books in a pile waiting to go back…we adore the children’s section
- Yard work that needs to be done…such grand ideas and hopes for flower bed rearranging this summer didn’t really materialize
- Vacation catalogs on the end tables, planning our next great adventure
- A garage that is so full and cluttered, the hope of parking in it this fall is slowly dissipating
- Our new front door…I no longer can tell people to look for the hideous pink front door when giving directions to our house
- Getting ready to open up the new Etsy shop on October 1…wool everywhere
In the grand scheme of things…this is everyday life. And I am blessed to be living it.
This week has been/is a crazy one and we are only on hump day. Oh yeah, our gas prices went up again…Mobil is $4.80 a gallon for regular. I wonder if we will see $5 a gallon gas before we leave island?
Want to hear about the crazy week?
- DH went riding with the bicycling group again that morning. I think that he is going to miss them when we leave. Then he came home and we putzed around the house, cleaning and cooking.
- As usual, our power went out at 4 pm…and we were expecting dinner guests at 5. We had Deece and her family over for homemade pizza and dessert. It was a fun time once the power came back on and I could get the pizzas in the oven. The kids played together fantastically, much to my amazement. (And I don’t mean that as a slam to Deece’s precious babies. It is our son. He has a problem. He has never been around other kids that much and sometimes doesn’t really know how to act around them. He goes from pushing them away if they get within 3 feet of him to completely ignoring them. I have read that independent side by side play is normal at this age, so let’s just hope that it is okay and when we get to Juneau, I am going to do some serious play group searching to get him more socialized.) Can you believe that two bloggers were together and neither of us took a single picture?!?! I am kind of bummed myself.
- Schlep the dog and two cats to the Vet’s office for their Health Certificates so they can fly to Chicago. This was no easy task. I had to trap Bella in our room all day (with aircon on) so that she wouldn’t go on an adventure and disappear for a couple of days. Then I had to load Bella and Killer into their kennels, hook Lady up to her leash (at which time she realizes that she is going for a car ride and completely loses her mind with excitement) and load them all into the car. Plus, the kid. I seriously felt like a traveling circus in our little Honda Civic. You know, where you have a dinky car with about 50 clowns inside of it that all come spilling out when the car stops? We picked DH up at work so that he could help me at the Vet’s office. Did I mention that Bella howls from the moment she gets put in the car until she is taken out? I was ready to give her away by the time we got there.
- Ahh, relax day.
Wednesday (today) -
- Take Conn to get his next set of shots this afternoon. That way we don’t forget while we are traveling and have it fall through the cracks. He is also teething and getting his first molars. Fun times around here. He has been waking up at night again, 2 or 3 times a night.
- Load up the circus, er, I mean animals again to go to the USDA Vet to have him sign off on the Health Certificates. All of this is an incredible hassle, not to mention crazy expensive. To get everyone up to date on their immunizations and get the health certificates and the USDA Vet’s signature it is costing $594.50, not including their airfare. And that is just for one dog and two cats. I won’t tell you right now how much their airfare is, I can’t hardly stand to think about it. At this rate, I will never get my bag.
- Our Coast Guard going away party. Lots of cooking to do in preparation for this.
- My next pregnancy check up later that afternoon.
- Get ready for Saturday
- Garage Sale! We are having a huge leaving island sale (I will post more info tomorrow about it with directions and an idea of what we are getting rid of) with prices that are crazy cheap. We just want to get rid of stuff and not have to ship it.
- Meet Deece and hopefully Jill at Coffee Care for our saturday knitting group. If anyone else wants to come, we are there from 2-4 pm.
- DH will probably go riding again with the group.
- I plan on trying to rest and recoup.
- Get animals ready for their big trip. We have to have them at the airport at 5 am on Monday morning to fly to Chicago.
Is it July 3 yet?
I would put up some fun pictures, but after listing all of that, I think that I need to go lay down for a bit.