(Thank you, everyone, for your comments on my last post. I appreciate every kind comment or thought.)

So, I have been knitting. Like another Juneau-ite says, “In Juneau, the weather is always fine, if you are a knitter.” Oh so true. This has been a crazy summer by most accounts. The highs are in the low 60’s and it is overcast and drizzly 5 days out of 7. Perfect weather to curl up with knitting and a hot cup of tea or coffee.

I finished the baby cardigan that is a gift for another couple having a baby next month. I adore this pattern, it is well written and easy to follow. It is an easy top-down raglan style sweater with no seaming.

  • Pattern: Easy Baby Cardigan by Knitting Pure and Simple (Free Download)
  • Yarn: Knit Picks Comfy in Planetarium colorway
  • Mods: Made in 12 month size, did the collar version instead of hood and only did one set of i-cord ties.

I have also been working on my Monkey’s. I finished the first one while we were still in Saipan and it was too short, so I had to rip it back. I put that off and put it in the knitting bag where it sat patiently waiting. I decided last week to dig it out, rip the toe out and add another repeat on the foot, knit the toe and kitchner it shut. By then, I was on a roll and cast on for #2 immediately. This pattern is addicting, as is the yarn. I adore this yarn. It is nice in the hand, and nice on the foot. A pure pleasure to knit with. And I think that it will hold up well to wear. I did the gusset yesterday and am almost done with turning the heel. Then it is smooth sailing on down the foot.

  • Pattern: Monkey (Free Download)
  • Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Mediumweight in Sherbert colorway
  • Mods: None

I have also been working on my yarn thrifting skillz. I bought this 100% lambswool Old Navy sweater at the thrift shop for $3.25.

There are tons of tutorials online regarding taking apart sweaters, I liked this one the best and followed it. It was time consuming, but not too bad. DH even got into it by helping me unravel the pieces. I was then left with all of this…


Which I promptly dyed with Tropical Punch Kool Aid on the stove. And hung to dry…


The yarn came out a little more pinky than I would have liked. So, I got more packets of the fruity flavored drink (store brand this time), in the black cherry flavor. And set out to dye it up again…


It didn’t turn the deep red that I was looking for, but that is okay.  It is now hanging again, drying.  I used this tutorial on Kool Aid dyeing.  Once I got over my initial fear, it turned out to be one of the simplest things to do.  Seriously.

I have lots more in the works, but nothing that I can show right now…one secret project and lots of ideas mostly.